Would you like to schedule a demo or ask us a question? Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The City of Santa Monica, California, has always been at the forefront of innovation in mobility. In fact, it launched its shared scooter pilot in September 2018, being one of the first cities to formalize a program due to a very high demand for shared mobility options in the city. In 2021, the City went even further and, in partnership with Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) launched a voluntary Zero-Emission Delivery Zone Pilot in Downtown Santa Monica – the first in its kind in the nation.
Specific use case: connecting zero emission and autonomous delivery vehicles
A real time dashboard for monitoring clean freight vehicles and calculating savings of vehicle miles traveled and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- To reduce the number of delivery trucks entering the city
- To implement clean last mile services delivery across the city
- To understand the impact of the ZEDZ in terms of savings of the VMTs
- To understand the impact of the ZEDZ in terms of reduction of GHG emissions
- To assess the program by analyzing delivery data by zero emission vehicles for the duration of the pilot
- To monitor delivery vehicles in real time
- To create new delivery hubs and delivery zones
- To trial innovative robot delivery solutions using sidewalks
- MDS trip data from participating vehicles
- Number of parcels carried by vehicles
- Number of deliveries per delivery trip
- GHG mission per vehicle type
- Number of deliveries made from mobile base station
Solutions with Mobility Manager:
- Analyze real time and historical trip data from participating delivery vehicles
- Enact clean mobility rules and regulations based on the pilot data
- Run reports to calculate VMTs saved
- Run reports to calculate reduction in GHG emissions
- Determine safer and more efficient delivery routes
- Measure the demand to optimize the fleets
- Identify hotspots for future delivery zones or hubs implementation
Up to 300
freight vehicles connected upon completion
categories of delivery vehicles: scooters and robots (AVs)
trips per month
with new specific data fields for freight
Near real time vehicles event updates, geo tracking and data
mobility service providers connected
Data security: All data is processed, accessed, stored in a safe and secure manner complying with the most stringent regulations and industry standards.